Who rents London Studios for short periods, and why?
Increasingly we have discovered that people are using private flats as an alternative to hotels. Whereas historically people would perhaps have a long term contract to stay in a Hotel or Bed & Breakfast for 4/5 nights a week before returning home, now it is far more common to rent a private flat with a break clause to allow the tenant to end the contract at a time of their choosing. The 1988 Housing Act introduced this option for Tenants (but not for Landlords) and it is increasingly used by professional workers in London on short term contracts to tailor their accommodation needs to their work requirements.
For the tenant in a private studio, compared to a hotel. There are advantages as follows:
- No one will disturb your privacy (no room service or anything like that to worry about);
- You keep your own set of keys, meaning you can come in and out at any time, without any restrictions;
- You have your own private kitchen, where you can always make your own meal at any time;
- Your own private washer dryer for laundering your clothes;
- You have a 7 Day a week use of the accommodation, useful for a city break or entertaining friends;
- There is no need to take clothes and belongings home at weekends;
- You have the same Studio each week so you can make your place home;
- PRICE, saving 50-70% compare to average London hotel prices!
As you can see above, these are excellent reasons for you to choose a private studio rather than a hotel. Especially if you are travelling on a budget, if you’re a student, or you have a short term contract with an employer. Please enquire of Pimlico Flats about our weekly rates for Studio Accommodation.