Rich recently asked me how to republish a blog on a webpage. As Ning uses HTML for it’s discussions this is a great place to illustrate:
- You need to Subscribe your blog to Feedburner. You should have done that already, Feedburner is a must for all sorts of reasons
- Your blog needs the Feedburner Feedsmith Plugin originally authored by Steve Smith, this plugin detects all ways to access your original WordPress feeds and redirects them to your FeedBurner feed so you can track every possible subscriber.
- You then use Feedburner to Create Your BuzzBoost Code Snippet, so go to your Feedburner Account.
- To use BuzzBoost, navigate to the Publicize tab for your feed and select the BuzzBoost service from the menu on the left. Set BuzzBoost options the way you like, then click Activate (or Save if the service is already active).
- Next, copy the BuzzBoost code snippet that FeedBurner generates for your feed and paste it into any webpage template you currently publish. When you view that page with a browser, BuzzBoost now displays your chosen feed’s headlines (and optional content item excerpts and date stamps, depending on your settings).
Now I will do the above for my blog, and publish it here below. Note that you can alter a lot of settings to get the summary of your blog that you want. I have chosen:
Feed Content to Display
and the result looks like this: