Pimlico Flats rent studios and flats, and first impressions count for prospective tenants, consequently the next phase of our development is to enhance the entrance, and this will have a number of practical benefits to tenants as well.
As with everything in the Pimlico Conservation area, we can’t blow our nose without permission from the planning department, but we have now reached a stage where we know what we won’t get permission for, and are proceeding with the items which will get approval:
- Unfortunately we will not be getting permission for individual letterboxes for each property. Letter boxes are a major issue for the planners, and although we have argued hard on behalf of the tenants we are not making progress.
- Junk Mail is a major problem and we will now be opening discussions with the Post Office to see if they can help us with a solution.
- We will have permission to paint the foot of the pillars and all the doors black, and tile the porch. This will lead into an entrance hall decorated in a traditional style, with a false ceiling to hide the multitude of cabling. There will be cornices, features and a new Sisal carpet and runner up the stairs. There will be a new reception/office open to the entrance.
- We will be installing security cameras. Although Pimlico is about as safe as you can be in Central London we are taking the opportunity of the new network wiring to introduce some advanced technology which may be attractive to tenants. We haven’t worked out what we will be doing with the video feeds yet – watch this space (not literally!).
- We will be installing Solar Panels to heat the Hot Water.